Volunteering for Whitsunday Voices provides an invaluable service to ensure the Festival runs smoothly, and both presenters and audience members
enjoy a fun and memorable experience. It’s an environment where parents, teachers and students come together, enjoy meeting the authors and
leave the Festival with special memories.
We welcome all new parents who wish to become a Voices Volunteer in 2019. It’s a great way to meet and mix with other parents while contributing
to the success of the Festival. Any time you have available is always greatly appreciated!
Listed below are the areas that require volunteers. Please take the time to consider the various positions and indicate where and when you
are able to help.
- Ensure the venue for your allocated session is clean, organised and ready for speaker and audience.
- Move students and teachers in quickly so that session can start on time.
- Check Booking Confirmations for each school attending your particular session.
- Assist the audience with seating if required.
- Ensure NO FOOD OR DRINK is brought into the venue.
(Front entry of school)
- First port-of-call for visitors to the school for information about the Festival – sessions, events, food and facilities.
- Assist in greeting & marshalling school groups arriving and departing by bus.
- Direct groups to venues & facilities.
- Assist at cash register with books sales in the Festival Bookshop.
- Keep shelves stocked and monitor shoppers.
- Assist author book signings and crowd control.
- Assist with dismantling Bookshop and packing up books at the end of the Festival.
- Preparation and sale of food.
- Sausage Sizzle in/outside venues.
(Ron Bourne Hall foyer)
- Assist in setting up for Festival Launch evening on Wednesday 17th July
- Assist as bar staff during the event.
Festival & Food Service Setup & Breakdown
- Assist on Wednesday 17 July with the setup of shade tents, chairs, signage and food equipment.
- Food preparation and packaging.
- Assist with table setup (Friday 19 July only; 1.30pm to 4pm).
- Pack and transport author books and cash register to MECC.
- Manage book sales at Literary Dinner at allocated table.
- Maintain tidiness in Volunteer Room.
- Bring a plate of food on one or both days – indicate Sweet or Savoury and type of food eg mini quiche, slice, sandwiches or any other food
you’d like to bring.
- We require volunteers during the June/July school holidays – particularly during the last week to assist Rebecca Wesson in the Plaza Lunch
- General preparation of Festival materials including cleaning and tidying signage, laminating, creating name tags, mailing, sharpening pencils,
collating materials required for art workshops plus lots more!
- Possible pick up and deliveries into the CBD.
ANY TIME YOU CAN SPARE DURING THE HOLIDAYS – ON A REGULAR BASIS OR AD HOC – WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Please complete this Volunteer Information Form to volunteer at Whitsunday Voices.
Please feel free to phone Tonia Wilson on 4969 2018 or Tracey Gurdler on 4969 2076 if you have any questions.